Praesidio Ltd, provides security and training services to its clients. It operates under the laws of Scotland, or other such laws as may apply in the various countries where it operates.
This policy may be updated from time to time.
Our registered office is: Provender House, 37 Waterloo Quay, Aberdeen. AB11 5BS
How to contact us
FAO Director of Business Development,
37 Waterloo Quay,
The information we collect and use
During the course of providing you with security and training we will collect and process further information about you. This information may include:
- Information about who you are – for example, your name, address, date of birth and contact details
- Information connected to your financial affairs – for example, your bank account.
- Information about your contact with us – for example, meetings, phone calls, emails/letters
- Information if you visit one of our offices – for example a record in our visitor’s log book
- Information classified as ‘sensitive’ personal information – for example, relating to your health, marital or civil partnership status. This information will only be collected and used where it’s needed to provide the product or services you have requested
- Information you may provide us about other people – for example former partners/spouses, children, other family members, beneficiaries, executors or attorneys
We are committed to processing your data in a lawful, fair and transparent manner.
Where we collect your information
We may collect your personal information directly from you, from a variety of sources, including:
- client information form
- phone conversation with us
- emails or letters you send to us
- meetings with us
We take your privacy seriously and we will only ever collect and use information which is personal to you where it is necessary, fair and lawful to do so. We will collect and use your information only where:
- it’s necessary to provide the advice or service you have requested.
- it’s necessary for us to meet our legal or regulatory obligations – for example to tell you about changes to Terms and Conditions or for the detection and prevention of fraud and anti-money laundering
- it’s in the legitimate interests of Praesidio Ltd – for example to deliver appropriate information and guidance so you are aware of the options that will help you get the best outcome or services
- we may use your personal information to secure payment of outstanding fees due to us in connection with advice or services provided
If you do not wish us to collect and use your personal information in these ways, it may mean that we will be unable to provide you with our products and services.
Who we may share your information with
We may share your information with third parties for the reasons outlined in ‘What we collect and use your information for’
These third parties include companies we have chosen to support us in the delivery of the advice and services we offer to you.
We will never sell your details to someone else. Whenever we share your personal information, we will do so in line with our obligations to keep your information safe and secure.
Where information is processed
The majority of your information is processed in the UK and European Economic Area (EEA)
How do we protect your information?
We take information and system security very seriously and we strive to comply with our obligations at all times. Any personal information which is collected, recorded or used in any way, whether on paper, online or any other media, will have appropriate safeguards applied in line with our data protection obligations.
Your information is protected by controls designed to minimise loss or damage through accident, negligence or deliberate actions. Our employees also protect sensitive or confidential information when storing or transmitting information electronically and must undertake annual training on this.
Our security controls are aligned to industry standards and good practice; providing a controlled environment that effectively manages risks to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your information.
How long we keep your information
We will keep your personal information where it is necessary to provide you with our advice or services while you are a client. Thereafter we will retain information where required to meet our legal or regulatory obligations. The length of time we keep your information for these purposes is contained in our Terms of Business.
Your name and address may be retained thereafter for the purpose of checking for conflicts of interest.
Your individual rights
You have the following rights in relation to your data with Praesidio Ltd. They are:
Right to information
Right of access
You have the right of access to your personal information. If you wish to receive a copy of the personal information we hold on you, you may make a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR).
Right to request that your personal information be rectified
If your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that it is corrected.
Right to erasure
You can ask for your information to be deleted or removed if there is not a compelling reason for Praesidio Ltd to retain it.
Right to restrict processing
You can ask that we block or suppress the processing of your personal information for certain reasons. This means that we are still permitted to keep your information – but only to ensure we don’t use it for those reasons you have restricted. These reasons include;
- if the accuracy of the personal data is being contested, or
- if our processing is unlawful but the data subject does not want it erased, or
- if the data is no longer needed for the purpose of the processing but it is required by the data subject for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or
- if the data subject has objected to the processing, pending verification of that objection
Right to data portability
You can ask for a copy of your personal information for your own purposes to use across different services. In certain circumstances, you may move, copy or transfer the personal information we hold to another company in a safe and secure way.
Right to object
You can object to Praesidio Ltd processing your personal information where the basis for processing is our legitimate interests.
How to make a complaint